Quick Reply
Close

/g/ - Technology

Full cyberpunk mode

Anon !!xQObq9xaeI #2240 · 2 weeks ago
d4f65da791d0ad2bb29e.png
Browser thread. Post your favorite browser and state why is it not Librewolf
File: d4f65da791d0ad2bb29e.png ( 785.56 KB , 1402x910 )
Anon !!/cfbHy5gMc #2241 · 2 weeks ago
Brave + firefox. Not librewolf cause never heard of it.
Anon !!ip5YAm58Zk #2242 · 2 weeks ago
>>2240 (OP) Faggot
Anon #2243 · 2 weeks ago
This reply was removed by the poster.
Anon !!3YSAob8ztU #2249 · 2 weeks ago
>>2240 (OP) >librewolfJust use any browser you like, a privacy enhanced browser isn't real. All they do is maybe block some analytics and tracking cookies, which can be easily achieved with an extension like uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus. Your privacy depends on which sites you visit and how they choose to track you across the web. No need to switch to a whole entire browser just because of "Privacy".
Anon !!q.WheDgDxs #2250 · 2 weeks ago
>>2240 (OP) chrome. because what more does a nigga need
OP Anon !!xQObq9xaeI #2252 · 2 weeks ago
>>2249 >Just use any browser you like, a privacy enhanced browser isn't real. Some privacy "enhanced" browsers are actually better. It's nice to pick a fork of trannyfox with some band aids instead of nothing. >All they do is maybe block some analytics and tracking cookiesThat's not all it does. Look at the source, or at least the config file. I can't bother to set up so many things manually every time I install a browser. By so much i mean an actual shit ton of settings i'll need to change.> which can be easily achieved with an extension like uBlock Origin or Adblock Pluskekked. Librewolf does much more than these two extensions. >Your privacy depends on which sites you visit and how they choose to track you across the web.No shit>No need to switch to a whole entire browser just because of "Privacy".Been quite a while since I switched and I don't regret it. And it's not a "whole entire browser" anon, it's just a fork of firefox, so the ux is same for the most part.I'm not someone who fell for the buzzword "privacy enhanced". I actually give enough shit to look into it. Plus I know true privacy isn't real cause who knows how many backdoors those popular browser engines have anyways; even after all the patches and forks. But minimizing it helps quite a lot.
Anon !!JCCOt3KkbA #2253 · 2 weeks ago
>>2252 (OP) >And it's not a "whole entire browser" anon, it's just a fork of firefoxeverything you said goes straight to the bin because of this line. Also the config file don't do shit, removing some calling features that were once part of firefox doesn't even count. besides the browser says they literally build from the latest source of firefox, which means any security patch or zero day bugs will take longer than the actual to fix with your choice. you can use whatever the fuck you want, but don't take a moral high ground because of this. browsers like this gives you a false sense of superiority, while they are literally the same.
OP Anon !!xQObq9xaeI #2254 · 2 weeks ago
>>2253 >everything you said goes straight to the bin because of this line. I stated that Librewolf is firefox with some band aids at the very beginning. Take your strawman somewhere else.>Also the config file don't do shit, removing some calling features that were once part of firefox doesn't even count. Those are some of the band aids I was talking about. And it's better to have out of the box instead of manually setting them up. They removed all calling home methods from mozilla, google or any other homebase and now don't pretend it's not better than not having them OOTB and manually setting them up. They do count. That's the point of these privacy focused forks. >you can use whatever the fuck you want, but don't take a moral high ground because of this. browsers like this gives you a false sense of superiorityhard projection. keep coping.
OP Anon !!xQObq9xaeI #2255 · 2 weeks ago
>>2254 (OP) also librewolf is a proper fork, not just some configs and extensions thrown into firefox. so even calling it firefox with bandaids is kind of an understatement
Anon !!UoaaVT15xQ #2296 · 1 week ago
>>2240 (OP) GNU Icecat. Get on my level. So you from MentalOutlaw's channel?
OP Anon !!xQObq9xaeI #2341 · 1 week ago
>>2296 based, but afaik it isn't maintained. Otherwise i'd consider. Correct me if im wrong >So you from MentalOutlaw's channel? I watched some of his videos but I'm mostly /g/ pilled. You may find me in some /g/ IRCs lol